I learned at a very early age that you can tell people what to do until you are blue in the face, but you have to set the tone with your actions.
It takes years to establish reputability and just minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.
“Your character is your brand. Remember that”
- Strategic / Innovative Thinking
- Be Flexible
- Nurture Talent
- uniting people around an exciting, aspirational vision;
- building a strategy for achieving the vision by making choices about what to do and what not to do;
- attracting and developing the best possible talent to implement the strategy;
- relentlessly focusing on results in the context of the strategy;
- creating ongoing innovation that will help reinvent the vision and strategy; and
- “leading yourself”: knowing and growing yourself so that you can most effectively lead others and carry out these practices.